Sunday, November 21, 2010

English Prom Catalogs




Yesterday after work we went with a colleague at the book fair . I saw on the brochure that Marc Levy would pass for 3 days of dedication. So hop, I I said why not go there, discover the newest and most leave with a signed book. He came to promote her latest book "The Shadow Thief" (which indeed I am currently reading).

Just back, locating the stand, and it slips at full speed among the crowd. Bad luck, what do I see, "canceled" before the date of dedication ... Missed, tanpis, that is for another time. Apparently, he did not come for health reasons or maybe the cold deterred from coming, I can quite understand. For now, my god it's cold, with winds well traitor cold and well, enough to give you faster headache and you freeze the tips of ears. And I'm at the beginning of winter. Quelpays crazy!


So, after that we had walked around in various editions, I am left with three books under his arm (I know what you gonna tell mom "but stops to buy, how you gonna do to bring it all "with a tone that makes you feel guilty ^ ^). One of Lisa Lutz is the second volume of his saga on the Spellman family. It's really cool, I read the first volume in a hurry. He is the author of "Devil Wears Prada." The first volume is titled "Spellman and Associates." The summary: "Who Spellman could withstand, the family most seriously cracked the West Coast? Certainly not their daughter, Izzy, and associated still suspect. Because for these detectives babies, nothing is more exciting than spy, spin, make it sing ... Spellman other preference. Explosive mixture of humor and suspense, this international bestseller (and heroin) has cracked Hollywood you will not soon forget Spellman!


I also bought a book Ken Follet (which has also missed the dedication not thinking he would be present, girls very organized what), "The Pillars of the Earth" is Katya, who convinced me to take it, "It's great you'll see, the first pages are good but still tiresome, then you can detain you" so I could not refuse.
Summary: In England in the twelfth century ravaged by war and famine, people struggling in their own way to ensure the power, glory, holiness, love, or just enough to survive. The battles are fierce, the chances prodigious nature cruel. The frescoes are painted with swords, the destinies to carve out an ax and cathedrals are built with rifle Miracles ... and holy cunning. Hatred reign, but also love, constantly bullied, hurt sometimes, but when a winner finally God, the truth too often distracted, consents to be touched by the faith of men.

me, I managed to buy Katie, "The yellow eyes of crocodiles" Katherine Pancol, and "Set it and everything" by Anna Gavalda, she did not know at all (it has normal lived more than 15 years in Spain, so it is understandable). At the checkout, a lady who saw the book by Katherine Pancol, exclaimed "you'll see it's great, I loved it so much that I was sad when it was finite limit I regretted having read it "as what I have done well to convince her.

The last book I bought is much less literary, it is the continuation of the series" Josephine "Penelope Bagieu .
Now more than read everything!

Ha, I discovered a children's book illustrator, was cracked too, love! Just the title made me smile .
is "Victor and the lost tooth" Alain M. Bergeron.
Katie managed to get a dedication shouting "haaa, great, I want a drawing !!!!", (worse than a child. We really laughed all day!).

was also able to see Zep, the designer of Gavalda (I remember his name), and many others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment