Friday, January 21, 2011

My Four Year Old Dog Just Had His First Seizure

One day (too short) in Ottawa

Wednesday, I spent a day in Ottawa. She's really gone very quickly, I did not even had time to do whatever I wanted, but I saw the principal. I had the right to a beautiful blue sky but against what was it cold (-15 ° C calms), incredible!

I visited the Parliament is located in the hills of parliament, the building is impressive and the interior, very rich. It was built in 1859 (Order of Queen Victoria). I had a guided tour in English, so lucky, so, you could see the different rooms except the House of Commons which was occupied.





Afterwards, I wandered into the city and I headed to the Byward Market / ByWard Market, which dates back to 1830. All around, there are old buildings converted into shops or restaurants.




I could see the spider by Louise Bourgeois, located opposite the art gallery (pretty scary nonetheless) and the rideau canal almost completely frozen, which also serves as a skating rink in winter (it is the longest in the world).




I also visit the Canadian Museum of Civilization in Gatineau, beautiful museum! I stayed over 2 hours and I would have had more than an hour for all to see. It is the museum's most popular and most visited of Canada (1.3 million visitors per year). It presents us with material objects that reflect the human history and diversity of populations. The various exhibition halls covering 20,000 years of human history. So obviously 2 poor visiting hours are not enough! Especially since the museum is spread over 4 floors.


I have an audio guide to visit the hall of the people, history have all the explanations and information as a noodle, but obviously I can not get it to work, yet it's not for lack of trying. Suddenly, an employee took pity on me (and especially not to him failed to make it work) and made me a visit. Very nice these Outaouais!
Canada Hall gave me a bit like Walt Disney, with the actual size reproduction of the old houses and shops, impressive and very well done.



0 comments:

Post a Comment